Sunday, February 6, 2011

Because of Him

Salaam

It has been two days without a new entry. I feel quite lacking, really. Is this what they call as blogging addiction? Hehe..at the moment is not yet too occupied, so there is still a chance for me to babble here insya-Allah with regards to something significant. Now let's talk about sacrifice. I have been bothered by this word lately. During the Fresher's Fayre Ipi and I had registered our names as the blood donors under NHS. It is not merely for experience but deep inside I think I don't mind sacrificing my blood if it could bring back the smiles of others. That night, again I was taught about the value of sacrifice. I did watch one telemovie, La Ikroha Fiddin which is about  a life journey of Dr Edward who embraces Islam and willingly donates his organs. Yeah, story is a creation but credit should be given to the production team who had tried hard to ingrain values to the audience. Sacrifice is actually a part of our life..but do we realize that the feeling of reluctance to sacrifice for other people's sake is lesser, but not for Allah? We can view this as a test of our faith. That is to say, we admit that we love Allah but how much we can sacrifice for Him? When there is a chance for me to attend any program in UK, I will keep looking for excuses. I have assignment, other commitment, someone is coming, I'm going somewhere, money matters..this and that but. Ironically, when it comes to doing something fun like travelling, watching movies or shopping, I can straight away say yes with so much ease? Why must I struggle resist the pleasure of spending my Saturday and Sunday in my room when there are groups of students out there who are busier, studying in more complicating field but still can attend and handle the programs? That is actually can manifest the degree of love to Allah. Astaghfirullah. I always forget that Allah is at the top of my priority, top of my urgency. If we love Allah, we practically can sacrifice anything, aren't we? This reminds me of Abdul Rahman bin Auf, Izzati shared the story during usrah session yesterday of how he had sacrificed his property to ensure the success of hijrah. It's very clear to reflect. Everything we have today belongs to Him, be it money, time, and our health, even.Sacrifice is also can be in a form of doing something that you dislike. Where is the willingness to sacrifice? Where is the force towards it? How strong is your iman? How can we show that we feel thankful for what He has bestowed? Indeed, love lies as the grounding of sacrifice. Such love that will give you the strength to offer anything for Him. "The true believers love Allah more than all else" (2:165). There's no specific formula for this. It comes from your faith that the more you sacrifice in duniya, the more you can harvest later. So why don't we choose to sacrifice our temporary pleasure because Allah will surely offer more. The harder is the challenge that we go through to for Him, the higher is its worth. But again, it ought to be based with pleasure and sincerity to give up what we love. "My Prayer and my sacrifice, my living and my dying belong to Allah, the Lord of all the worlds" (al-An'am 6:162).
[Kak Jannah..minta maaf. Akak xperlu merayu pun sebenarnya..insya-Allah sy ikut =')]









2 comments:

  1. like this entry=)... yup hidup ini menuntut pengorbanan... be it big or small, what important is, we do it for the sake of Allah... moga kiter tergolong dikalangan hamba2 yg rheda kpdNya dan diredhaiNya.

    luv,
    k.jannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. berkorban tu susah tapi yg susah tu biasanya membuahkan ganjaran =)
    insya-Allah..n kena ikhlas juga

    ReplyDelete