Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Senyum sampai ke telinga




Date: 20/3/2013
Day: Wednesday
Class: Form 4B

Reflection:

There was a very tiny event but the impact on me as a practicum teacher was great. Today I conducted a speaking lesson at different place with different approach. I had arranged with the catering course teacher to use the catering room. I asked my students to do a simple cooking demo as if they have their own cooking show with 3-5 chefs per group. It turned out quite well for most of the groups.  They put effort by bringing ingredients and tried hard to show their hidden talent at the kitchen. The most important bit, they gained confidence to use English in a very supportive driving situation. Honestly, I really want to ask my students about what do they think about my lesson albeit I am quite scared to hear the discouraging views. However, I received the first remark last Wednesday that almost caused myself to skip heartbeat due to the greatest instance of joy. It was given by Nifail- the King of sleepyhead and Taqi- the King of road accident.

Taqi: Teacher
Me: Yes Taqi, go back to your class immediately..!! cepaat..
Taqi: OK teacher,,but teacher I just want to say,, best la tadi.
Me: Haa?
Taqi and Nifail: Best gila belajar English td..paling best kitorang rasa
Me: Ye ke? hehe dah hurry up/Your teacher is waiting

There was a shift in my expression, yet very subtle that they might not or actually did not notice at all. My smile became wider. My eyes communicated a sense of lifting a victor's cup...Yippie yaiyeyy
((Hurry up la korang..jgn tengok teacher melompat-lompat ni...!!))

Alhamdulillah... :) :) :)
May that be a sign that both of you will be more interested to learn English. Teacher akan buat yg terbaik on my part. Remember that your part is equally important! 


Taqi + Nifail

No comments:

Post a Comment