Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Practicum fever


Pre-practicum statements
Haiyo..come fast la January 12. We had enough of studying in the class for years. Cannot stand anymore. As long as there is a new stage, we are nearer to the work life already. More money plus more advancement in life :P Everyday lepak je.. how can being lives without any sense of purpose??tell me!

Post-practicum statements
I’d rather be in Mr Chee’s boring class for one whole day. Practicum is so tiring. It seems like we don’t have proper time to sleep. 24-7 my mind is thinking about what to do, what to teach, what to share with the students in the upcoming lesson. We are tied to all the school events, life uncertainty impedes planning for anything. The worst part, practicum has taken away all my friends. No more freedom. Sobs.. T.T

That is the picture of how the life of TESLian had evolved in such a drastic manner, I reckon, but don't get it wrong. Practicum is not that bad. The first week is always challenging for all the newbies to deal with. Every night we do the paper cuttings to prepare for the best teaching aid that can capture students' attention to participate in classroom activities. Above all, I enjoy teaching my 77 students from the classes which I can categorize as those of mediocre to average. I am also happy to be in that school with my dear colleagues- Viki and Oci. Another plus point on the other hand, I hate the part where we have to write on the RPH book as the evidence of our work. If at all that my father is the Education Minister, I will counter all the silly billy chores to be made compulsory (and I think Allah knows best for not making me to be one XD)
By far, I only can remember 6 names of the existing teachers and less than 10 names of my students. =,=''. What a slow progress..Teacher Ayuni ni..ish ish ish

No comments:

Post a Comment