Friday, March 4, 2011

Merry-Go-Round The World




Wednesday- 2nd of March 2011 was one the most awaited days in UoP calendar. It was the day where UoP students will gather and exhibit their respective culture. It's an annual event called Around the World in One Day. This year's event had gathered over large number of students compared to last year. More booths available for me to 'steal' food. Some are common but there are sweets which the taste is unbearable..XD. particularly the ones that are ginger-based. It's quite a no-no.. Among all the sweets and snacks that I tried, The Most Delicious Delicacies award [for unknown food category) goes to...
[drum rolls......tum3]


Salami-styled choc mazurka from Romanian!!!!

jgn confuse dgn mazurka dance pulak =D

It was like being in a living encyclopaedia. I got the chance to meet people from the less popular corners of the world..hehe like Eritrea, the name that I only hear during Olympics opening ceremony. Venezuelan with their pabelon criolo.Indian shared their Bombay Mix a.k.a Maruku..while malaysian booth was proud with tapioca crisps and cake batik.. Best3!

The cultural performance was great for the first half. Cek Mek moleks from Malaysia pioneering the arena with Joget Toleh-Menoleh. It was worth my muscle pain when seeing the exciting faces in front. Our performance was followed by Bulgarian, Vietnamese, Greek, Iran and African. If I'm not mistaken Indian was also a part of the list. From one performance to another, it became lesser and lesser culturally. The performance that initially superb turned to a horrific one..From that scene, I've got an insightful understanding. What I can conclude, Eastern culture is a total opposite of the Western. Even the dance is clear enough to represent the differences.It's like a different world in the same planet. I value my culture more and there's no doubt on that.  

1. Bulgarian performing Dorbuja dance
2. Indian snacks
3. Graceful dancers from Vietnam
4. Vietnamese girl
5. Adebola africana
6. The girl with flower..I think she's Russian
7. Abang-abang Nepali
8. Dance performance Joget Toleh-menoleh. I'm the furthest XD




Malaysian spirit is never dim. MALAYSIA BOLEH!!




Lastly, enjoy the diversity, maintain the boundary =)

No comments:

Post a Comment