Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Regaining consciousness


Alhamdulillah for the opportunity that Allah has given to learn more about  Islam and at the same time reminding myself about things that I may have taken for granted. Islamic Awareness Week just passed successfully. I feel so grateful to meet  two converts to Islam- Maryaam and Abu Hafsah. Their speech was really moving and eye-opening. Once they embraced Islam, they hold on it tightly and commit themselves towards it. I was enlightened when listening to their views about Islam. Deep inside I feel it's really shameful. My faith is nothing to be compared with theirs. They just embraced Islam yet their akeedah is exceptionally strong. Yeah faith is somehow invisible until we are tested, until Allah brings us to a state of difficulty and trials. The converts a lways go through challenges especially when their own families are reluctant to accept them. Perhaps that is the reason why being in the UK can actually bring us nearer to Him. The struggle we face especially when it comes to performing prayer gradually trains us to remain steadfast. But It does not mean that I completely agree with the cliché thoughts that I always hear during any usrah program "takut nak balik Malaysia.."..err kenapa takut pulak?? explain pleasee... XD

After IAW,  I mustered up all my determination to attend daurah for this time, after months of break..the so-called 'break' that required approval from no one..hee. Iman senipis kulit bawang and I am in the process of making it thicker by any means. cuba dan terus mencuba..
^_^

What can I say about daurah in Birm? What I received along the two days at Sparkbrook mosque was not entirely new for me, to be honest. Again it was about aqidah Islamiyah. It may only be understood as two different words collocate together linguistically..[Linguistic element is a MUST XD]
 Actually aqeedah has more important meaning. It is with aqeedah that differentiates between Muslim and Mukmin. The session with Ustaz Masrol was the most engaging. The title is Allah dalam Akidah Islamiyyah. He talked about Islam, a true religion that satisfies all the human needs. What had been flagged up was the human nature to rely on something no matter how they try to stand on their own two feet. Even Rasulullah never failed to ask for mercy, help and guidance from Allah. How can we, His slave can be so oblivious towards Allah? It's time to reflect and revive... -__-

All in all, two days in Birm was worth time spending.. despite the lack of comforts, despite my initial perception of  "I was compelled to join the daurah"..
The best way is to open our heart to let the message of Islam goes in. with the hope that it can change us for the betterment.
Keep the effort going...ok!!


A good investment.. Amiin


Kak Raz and the panel members. Simple in appearance but highly educated

123 cheese session..I look like the eldest sister..sobs
Guidance for the true believers. 

The cutest song ever..like I said before, my interest in nasheed is no longer latent.. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment