Thursday, April 5, 2012

Because of you Pak Taufik

Lama dah tak update blog. Padahal da janji dgn diri sendiri at least 1 minggu 1 entry regardless of how useless the content might be. Having said that most of the things need to have written account for a sentimental person like me who is really into recalling memories and looking at old photos. Haih ye dah tua. Almost everyday I have been constantly reminded by my friends with inhumane manner that I am old..iyo lah iyo lah.. :D Susah betul lahir January ni.

Banyak benda yang jadi dlm bulan March ni. I guess that was the month yg paling meaningful for this year, owing to some mega events, expected, least expected and absolutely unexpected jugak. Hurm, pelik jugak. I thought that March was the month that can turn me into bookworm. Stay in your room open your book and do what you are supposed to, Tapi lain plk jadinya. As planned, I organized a cheer-leading group to Badminton All England. Annual event for a big fan of shuttlers' arena. Me and durga, we made an awesome duo that Lee Chong Wei had never realized, but this year rs mcm nak tukar style. This is not like Gurukul College Mohabbatein that is overly consevative :D. Ok so 10th of March was the date for semi final.That was clear for everybody. However, there was a force in my heart to see Taufik Hidayat face-to-face. It was kinda cheesy mushy bit of your emotion that spoke to your mind,,, "Yuni ni la peluang terakhir nak tengok Taufik, if not now bila lagi...?" Dipendekkan cerita, as soon as I know that Taufik advanced to day 2 of All england, I ran upstairs and booked my ticket 4 hours before the journey which cost me nearly 60pounds [gulp]. Early next morning I went all alone to Birmingham as if that region is very near to Portsmouth. The best part was my ticket had no specified seat number. I was allowed to seat wherever I wanted as long as it was not reserved by anybody. For the first time I sat at the most strategic seat, the most front, the closest to the player as permitted for the audience :D)  His match was expected to start at 9.00 on the schedule but till 10.15 there was no sign of his presence. I was overwhelmingly restless. My eyes struggled to maintain their focus at the court and my watch. Until the very moment that Fairuzizuan and Zakri appeared, I felt like jumping from the seat and shout "mana Taufik!!?" plus with sudden awareness that I was not there for Malaysia, not even had a flag in my bag. Hehe..Berkat kesabaran and I know Allah has mercy upon those who seek for it, Taufik Hidayat finally stepped in like a dashing hero but in a very cool manner. As always he stunned me with his great play and unwanted foolish attitude such as delaying games, asking for shuttle change for numerous times..Taufik..Taufik. Not to my surprise, Chen Jin burnt Taufik's goal for that tournament. Sigh



I did not watch the whole game because of my train time was at 11.10. Quite sad for not be able to get his autograph when the situation seemed to be highly possible for me to do so. Tapi xpe lah.. The complacence in my heart cannot be put into words. Xpatut pon berbangga rasanya..tapi.. I will definitely let my future children to know about this :D)

2 comments:

  1. wah..yuni.. bestnye. i thot he was retired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xlagi kak cheq.thn ni dh sero :) excited do'oh nk tgk.haha

    ReplyDelete